4-H Water Ambassadors Program
January 11, 2021
Due to the generosity and continued support of many in the Texas water industry, year 4 of the 4-H Water Ambassadors Program was a tremendous success and is continuing to have a transformative impact on these young leaders! Although with COVID-19 the program experience looked much different than in years past, I am proud of our many accomplishments and outcomes. Here are a few highlights from 2020. Attached here is the 2020 Annual Report which details these and other impacts.
- In 2020, we added (34) new Tier I 4-H Water Ambassadors for a current total of (66) youth with representation in (44) counties.
- Tier I, II, and III 4-H2O Leadership Academies was held last summer and included water and leadership training.
- Multiple continuing education virtual seminars were held throughout the year.
- A fall retreat was held at the Texas 4-H Conference Center.
- Since the program began in summer 2017, water ambassadors have reported more than 5,200 hours of education and service in their communities valued at approximately $141,000 and have reached more than 75,000 youth and adults across the state.
- 4-H Water Ambassadors Program Advisory meetings were held in May and December.
Plans are now underway for year 5 of the program and a new cohort of water ambassadors. Online applications will be accepted from April 1 through May 15. Applications instructions will be available in the coming weeks. Please feel free to share information and encourage youth to apply. http://www.texas4hwaterambassadors.com
The 4-H Water Ambassadors Program is made possible through private sponsorships and grants. Please consider supporting the program in 2021. Attached here is a program brochure which includes sponsorship levels and submission forms.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the Program or sponsorship. Visit our websites and social media pages to learn more.