4-H Water Ambassadors Program
April 30, 2021
Due to the generosity and continued support of many in the Texas water industry, year 4 of the 4-H Water Ambassadors Program was a tremendous success and is continuing to have a transformative impact on these young leaders! Although with COVID-19 the program experience looked much different than in years past, I am proud of our many accomplishments and outcomes. Here are a few highlights from 2020. Attached here is the 2020 Annual Report which details these and other impacts.
- In 2020, we added (34) new Tier I 4-H Water Ambassadors for a current total of (66) youth with representation in (44) counties.
- Tier I, II, and III 4-H2O Leadership Academies was held last summer and included water and leadership training.
- Multiple continuing education virtual seminars were held throughout the year.
- A fall retreat was held at the Texas 4-H Conference Center.
- Since the program began in summer 2017, water ambassadors have reported more than 5,200 hours of education and service in their communities valued at approximately $141,000 and have reached more than 75,000 youth and adults across the state.
- 4-H Water Ambassadors Program Advisory meetings were held in May and December.
Plans are now underway for year 5 of the program and a new cohort of water ambassadors. Online applications will be accepted from April 1 through May 15. Applications instructions will be available in the coming weeks. Please feel free to share information and encourage youth to apply. http://www.texas4hwaterambassadors.com
The 4-H Water Ambassadors Program is made possible through private sponsorships and grants. Please consider supporting the program in 2021. Attached here is a program brochure that includes sponsorship levels and submission forms.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the Program or sponsorship. Visit our websites and social media pages to learn more.
- Texas 4-H website - https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/water/ (application instructions & brochure), or http://texas4hwaterambassadors.com
- Facebook - @TX4HWaterAmbassador
- Twitter - @4H2O_Ambassador
Applications to Partcipate:
Applications are now open for the 2021/2022 cohort of Texas 4-H Water Ambassadors. Now in its fourth year, the 4-H Water Ambassadors Program continues to grow in number and is gaining recognition and support from the Texas water industry. To date, 110 youth have participated in the program representing more than 65 counties. We are looking forward to another successful year as we recruit up to 30 new youth. A goal of the Program is to equip youth to assist county extension with water education events. To learn more about the 4-H Water Ambassadors Program visit www.texas4hwaterambassadors.com.
- Be in high school or entering high school in the 2021/2022 academic year
- Be at least 14 years of age by August 31, 2021
- Be a current 4-H member, or be willing to join a local 4-H club if selected
4-H Water Ambassadors accept the responsibility of educating youth and adults in their communities. They commit to advancing their water knowledge throughout their 12-months of service. Those selected must:
- Participate in the summer 2021 Tier I 4-H2O Leadership Academy (June 27 – July 1)
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours of education/service from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021
- Pay the $250 program participation fee by June 15
How to Apply:
- Visit www.texas4hwaterambassadors.com for application requirements and instructions
- Complete the application online at https://fs4.formsite.com/state4h/water/index.html
- April 1 – May 15, 2021 – Applications open
- June 1 – Application notified of acceptance status
- June 15 - $250 participation fee due in 4HOnline
- June 27 – July 1 – Tier I 4-H2O Leadership Academy (pick-up/drop off in Waco, details TBD)
- July 1 – June 30 – Official 12-month term of service
- Extension agents will be notified if a youth in their county has been selected prior to notifying the youth’s family/guardians.
- Feel free to contact me with any questions about the Program. (979) 862-1989. firstname.lastname@example.org